woensdag 25 februari 2009

'Kind of husband' will become husband

So, my kind of husband and I decided to become real husband and wife. We are making an attempt to let this happen in september. We want to keep it rather simple with a nice party, good company and good food.

Boy, this is really hard work ! You think: "We pick a dancehall, decide on food and show up at the set date" but you think wrong. Our five-year old daughter thinks we are getting married the tree of us (which is kind of a bit) and truly believes she should be present at all appointments to help decide who's coming and what we will eat and drink.

Everybody is telling you that this will be the happiest day of our lives. (mostly strangers, friends asked us if we were going mad) NOT !

The happiest day in my life was when Annika was born and at some moments, even this is open for discussion :) .Don't know if I'm going to get there without a nervous breakdown.

Yesterday, my friends and I went to shop for a dress. I was so not looking forward to this. When I made the appointment, they said it would take about 3 hours, I thought I did not understood this right. I'm the type who never fits any clothing and I am a definite believer in mailorder catalogue. But I went anyway. You get to sit down and look in catalogues. "Ugly, ugly, ugly, look she wears a curtain", and so on. I admit, that's not a positive attitude. Then, they bring the dresses to try on. These dresses way a ton, and they have loops. You have a loop for when you dance and a different loop for walking. That way you can shuffle the dress together and do your thing. Not so elegant and you need a manual for achieving this.

This is me NOT being happy !



Kind of husband, if you read this. Don't panic, this is not my dress ! (and I don't always look like this)

After 2 hours of fitting, I finally found something I like (and I think I can wear my comfy shoes underneath). Jippie ! And coffee was the reward, well and truly earned.

Geen opmerkingen: